Vision To Move Hawthorne Forward What Does This Mean?
As an Independent and Green, I Propose An Extensive & Bold Plan.
Hawthorne Will Benefit For Future Generations!
- Planning ahead and doing a feasibility report to reclaim our own trash pickup and removal. We have a good amount of time left in our current contract but many in Hawthorne are still seeing mediocre pickup and care with our receptacles. We could save money in the long run by purchasing our own garbage trucks, offering a proper living wage to locals through our DPW which would ensure proper care along with knowledge of our streets. Hawthorne could consider electric trucks which offer grant money from the state to help offset the expense. I say let's invest in people and in our town by bringing this in house!
- Supporting a sustainable Hawthorne doing its part in managing climate change and reducing pollution. By encouraging more use of renewable sources of energy in our municipal buildings, our local businesses and residences. Utilize current state and federal grants to implement and invest in our towns future.
- Working to ensure safety and reduce speeding on major arteries of town. Identifying intersections that need better crosswalks and signage. Walking through and towards key areas of town, Goffle Brook Park or 8 Acres falls on us to manage better. I will work with the administration, county and police. We may need to reduce the speed limits, install better signage around town and utilize our police to patrol more of these highly frequented roads.
- Focusing on more quality life and social activities. Make "Dining On Diamond Bridge" an annual summer event by working with the local businesses and county to offer a better outdoor experience. Include lighting, live music, painting classes and more which will help create a restaurant row vibe like in other towns.
- Supporting as before the No Fossil Fuels pledge and even go further by starting we will take NO money from the Fossil Fuels industry, NO Corporate PAC donations and NO Developer ties. Signing onto the Green New Deal which in local towns helps to ensure safe & clean drinking water, ensures government buildings meet higher standards and new local buildings are LEED certified. Residential weatherization grants with training for local contractors will help bolster our local economy. All this ensures I'm beholden to you the voters of Hawthorne only!
Check Out Each Sub-Page For Each Section of the Vision